Best Gas Pole Saw 2020: Top 10 Models Reviewed & Compared
For a small garden in the backyard with few hedges and shrubs, you can do things the old ways. Just take a hand shear and get those bushes in order.
But not every hedge and garden are the same. Some shrubs are too stubborn. While some are out of your reach. Your old tools got their work cut out with them.
That's when you know, it's time to replace the manual tool with the modern trimmer the best gas pole saw.
So, if you don't want to climb the stairs and fall with a deadly tool like a trimmer in your hand, then check out this gas pole saw review.
Comparison Table-Best Gas Pole Saw
8 Best Gas Powered Pole Saw Reviews :
MAXTRA Gas Pole Saw, 42.7CC 2-Cycle Powerful Chainsaw
- [POWERFUL ENGINE] 42.7cc,1100w, 2-stroke engine which is more powerful and steady. It can cut woods and branches effortless , gas chainsaw also help you save time and energy
- [MULTIPLE USE] Cordless gas pole saw can cut the branches on the big tree, cut wood,logging,pruning garden or orchard and so on. Besides, you can move around without worrying about the cord length and battery
First on the list is the Maxtra. This best quality gas pole saw comes with a 42.7 cc, 2-stroke engine. It produces enough power to cut those thick woods and branches with ease.
You can do a lot with this gas pole saw. From cutting woods to pruning the garden, do all those stuff without worrying about it running out of power, or getting restrained by cords.
And when it comes to dealing with those above hanging branches, you got that 11.4 ft pole extension. Without the ladder that gives almost 16.5 ft reach from the ground.
Plus, it got proper safety measures. Tools like this can be a safety hazard—not this one. Here, the best quality gas pole saw gives you a cold and hot centrifugal clutch for safe measures. Also, it makes starting the pole saw fast.
- Boasts a 42.7cc, 1100 watts, 2-stroke engine.
- Cuts branches up to 9-inches
- Adjustable pole from 8.2 to 11.4 ft
- 10-inch bar length
- Comes with shoulder strap
- Air-filter to provide engine protection
- 2-position chokes for hot or cold start.
MAXTRA Reach to 16Feet Gas Pole Saw for Tree Trimming
- 【4 Different Trimming Attachment】 Convert to 4 trimming tools with a quick release connector. It can be easily converted to Gas pole saw, hedge trimmer, weed eater and brush cutter quickly according to your needs
- 【Reach to 13-16 ft】Gas powered pole saw can adjust the length from 8.2 - 11.4ft with extension pole. It can trim 16ft high limbs on the ground without ladder, it’s perfect for those who have big trees or who doing Landscaping business
If you want more from the earlier Maxtra, then this might be a better choice. Similar to the previous model, in this best homeowner gas pole saw, you will find a 2-cycle, 42.7cc engine—no lack of power there.
One good thing about the gas engine is that it got ETA certified. So, it has less gas emission compared to others.
In most aspects, both tools are the same. For instance, you can work with 10-inch thick branches with the 8.2-11.4 ft adjustable extension pole. Even got the air filter system in place to protect the engine. And yes, offers the safe and easy star with the 2-position-choke feature.
What sets it apart is the other 3 things it can do more. You've read it right.
When you don't need to trim the hanging branches, turn it to a hedge trimmer. The best part of it is that you can adjust and lock the head to multiple angles. That makes trimming work much more efficient.
And not just the bushes, you can take care of the grass where you're standing using the string trimmer. Then there is the bush cutter for those bolshie bushes.
- 42.cc, 2-stroke engine.
- Cuts branches around 10-inches
- 4-in-1: pole saw, hedge trimmer, brush cutter, and a string trimmer
- Offers a vibration reduction shoulder strap
- Extends up to 11.4 ft.
- Humanized design
Poulan Pro PR28PS, 28cc 2-Cycle Gas 8 in. Pole Saw
For greater power and reliability, go with Poulan. The brand has some of the best gardening tools, and the PR28PS is a fine example of what they got to offer.
Starting this unit up and running is a pleasure for the user as it has an effortless pull system. No need to keep pulling the cord, again, and again, it gets started in one or two go. And that's because of the SureFire system of the Poulan. This feature allows a choke that makes it sure the engine gets cranking every single time.
So, that's the reliable part of the tool.
Then comes the part of power. Housed in the unit, there is a 28cc, 2 stroke engine. Compared to the Maxtra, it might offer half the power, but that's enough to get through the entry and mid-level pruning jobs.
But for me, the real deal is the pole saw feature itself. On the unit, you'll get an 8" bar with 3" extension. That's total up to to 12" of reach. But it's not the reach what matters, the ease of controlling when you got it extended. The 14-pound best lightweight gas pole saw is much easier to manage than many others.
- Has SureFire fuel delivery system.
- Choke and pull system.
- Air purge system for easy starting
- Starter resets to the ON position
- Got dual-line feed Tap'N Go head
- Can attach 6-optional accessories
Remington RM25PS Maverick Gas Saw
- POWERFUL ENGINE: 25cc 2-cycle gas engine has plenty of power yet still lightweight to maintain the control needed to conquer tough tasks
- EASY UPKEEP: The included auto-oiler serves as the bar and chain's best friend as it makes sure the chain is always properly lubricated for optimal performance
When you put the Remington RM25PS against the others, the engine isn't on par with them. The 25cc 2-cycle is no joke as it provides enough power to get most mid-level pruning and trimming jobs done.
Best part about it is the control you get over it. With a powerful engine that is an issue.
But don't worry; Remington balances what it lacks in power with features like the auto-oiler. With most hedge trimmers, the chains stretch out and fade out due to the lack of lubrication. This one however keeps on regressing the saw to keep it in optimal performance shape.
The dual blades on the gas saw lets you go through massive bushes in no time. And with its attachment virtue, you can turn it to do all types of gardening tasks. Whether cut those grasses or blow off the leaves, it is all you need.
With an 8-inch bar and 7-foot extension pole, the tool gives a 12-feet reach. So, a spot from the ground, quick start the engine with the trademark pull, and get those branches cut from the lowland—no need to climb.
- 2-cycle, 25cc gas engine
- Auto-oiler to lubricate chains
- Accepts Trimmer Plus attachments
- Offers 7-foot extension
- Trademark quick start technology for easy start
- Weighs 13.9 pounds
DocaPole 6-24 Foot Pole Pruning Saw (Heavy Duty)
- DOUBLE-DUTY TREE PRUNING SAW – New 2020 model featuring the DocaPole Double-Duty Extension Pole with 2X the strength of the original – Guaranteed to be the absolute best high-reach dual-use pruning saw on the market today – Two great uses in One saw! Use as a pole saw for pruning high or hand-held saw for pruning and grooming low
- USE ON THE DOCAPOLE OR BY HAND –.The new Double-Duty GoSaw Extension Pole features double-strength aluminum walls at twice the thickness of the original GoSaw Pole, providing extra strength for the rigors of pruning – For jobs on the ground, just unscrew the GoSaw and saw by hand
I know, it's like cheating, but I've thought to change some flavor. Count the DocaPole as a bonus option for this gas pole saw review list.
Ok, the DocaPole isn't a gas-powered pole saw. Big reveal!
But if you want a pole saw with further reach, you've got to look for manual options, and this is one of the best in the business.
So, what it has to offer?
Right off the bat with the latest 2020 DocaPole, you get a sturdier pole. The double-duty pole here will give you 24-foot reach. Though its that long, the aluminum telescoping pole doesn't add much weight. That's why it's easy to maneuver even when you extend it to the fullest. Want more reach? Then there is a 30-foot option also.
At the head of the pole, you get a GoSaw. It is detachable, so you can use it as a handsaw for grooming low branches for better control
The blade is 13-inch low with bi-direction cuts. The 3x tooth design bites into the wood to provide sharp cuts with minimum effort.
If you're dealing with hedges that are too high, this pruning pole saw be a great fit.
- Durable aluminum pole
- Thumb lever clasps for extension and retraction
- 6-24 feet adjustable
- Offers foam padding grip
- Has a 13-inch blade
- Blade got a chrome-plated finish
- Secure lock system
Echo Gas Powered Pole Saw
- Price For: Each Includes: Powerhead, Shaft Assembly, Gear Case, Strap, Operators Manual, Wrench Starter Type: Recoil Fuel Type: Gas Oil Capacity: 7.6 oz. Chain Oiler: Auto/Adjustable Item: Gas Powered Pole Saw Bar Length: 12" Handle Type: Loop Features: Telescoping Pruner With Rubber Padding On Front And Rear Handles, Heavy-duty Gear Case W/ 12" Bar, Reduced Effort Starter
- Fuel Capacity: 16.4 oz. Closed Length: 107" Overall Length: 146" Engine Displacement: 25.4cc Country of Origin (subject to change): Japan
Let's get back to the track and look into another top gas pole saw. It's the Echo saw.
Here, in this best value gas pole saw, you get a 25.4cc engine. That packs enough power to cut through branches and bushes fast and with ease.
Like all the others, it has a pull start. This one has an easy start recoil at work. Due to it, the trimmer requires 75% less energy to get it started. Just give it a light pull to get it ready for action.
The hedge trimmer has a decent oil capacity of 16.04oz. But that's more than enough as the engine doesn't waste any fuel. In other words, it's efficient.
And much like the Remington, you got an auto chain oiler. When the chains are moving fast, there can be friction between the bar and the chain. Oiling keeps them working in a smooth motion without any such issue—more cutting time with the trimmer.
- Has a recoil starter system
- Got a 7.6oz oil tank
- Offers chain oiler
- Bar length is 12"
- Has rubber padded front and rear handles
- 25.4cc engine displacement.
Poulan Pro PR28SD shaft string trimmer
- SureFire Fuel Delivery System. Easy as..Prime, Choke and Pull
- Effortless Pull Starting - Spring assisted starter system for ease of starting
Don't confuse it with the other Poulan. It looks and has similar features but this one is a string trimmer where that one is a trimmer saw.
So, in terms of traits what it got? Let's see.
As you can guess, the Surefire fuel delivery system is on works here. It removes air from the carburetor and the fuel system to give you a quick start. Just like they say, prime, choke, pull and get on with the trimming.
Besides that, the Tap'N Go head system on it feeds dual-line to the cutter to get quicker lawn cutting jobs. And with that long pole, you don't have to bend, stand upright and take care of the ground grasses or above hanging prunes. It ticks all the boxes of the best gas pole saw.
- 28cc, 2-stroke engine
- Surefire fuel delivery for an easy start.
- Air purge to remove air from fuel and carburetor
- Spring-assisted starter system.
- Auto return pull cable
- Has a dual-line feed system.
SALEM MASTER Gas Pole Saw
- [ADJUSTABLE EXTRA LENGTH]: This gas powered pole saw can be adjusted from 7.4 to 11 ft with a 12-inch Bar and chain . You can trim 11.4-16 ft high branches easily without ladder or climbing on the tree.
- [POWERFUL ENGINE]: Cordless telescopic pole saw: 42.7cc,1100w, 2-stroke engine which is more powerful and steady. It can cut branches effortless, gas chainsaw also help you save time and energy. It can trim 7-8 inch branches effectively.
Let's end on a bang with the SALEM MASTER. Master indeed with a 42.7cc, 2-stroke engine—the best commercial gas pole saw.
This engine revs up to a higher speed in no time. How fast? With a 6500 RPM, you get a clear indication of how quickly the dual-blade on the saw moves. Such power and steady speed let you cut the thickest of branches without sweating.
Moving from the engine to the pole saw. Here you get a shaft that adjusts from 7.4-11 ft. Add the 12-inch bar and that's another ft to its reach. Count your height, you can get 16ft of minimum reach. To work with superior control in the extended mode, you get a shoulder strap to reduce the shakes.
That 12-inch bar mentioned is one of the longest in the list. That means more ground to cover in a shorter time.
Need to take it with you, then put inside the carry bag. It got everything covered.
- Houses a 2-stroke, 42.7cc engine
- Rotates at 6500 RPM
- Adjustable 7.4 to 11 ft bar
- Got a 12-inch bar and chain
- Comes with portable bag and shoulder strap
- Offers an ergonomic loop handle
- See-through the oil tank
What we like:
What we don't like:
An In-Depth Guide for Choosing the Best Gas Pole Saw
Pole saws in common are pole chainsaws that are connected to the saw pole to let one reach to the limbs of the trees for pruning and trimming by standing on the yard. Pole saws are sometimes known as tree pruners or pruning saws. There are three main kinds of pole saw (gas, electric, and cordless),
In this article, we will concentrate on the best gas-powered pole saws. The advantage of gas-powered pole saws are they can be controlled easily and can cut thicker tree limbs.
However, gas-powered pole saws are heavier than electric pole saws where the weight differs from volume of the tanks and engines.
Why Will You Invest On Gas Pole Saws?
What You Should Look For When Buying A Gas Operated Pole Saw
A gas pole saw can comparably be heavier than an electric pole saw. However, gas-powered pole saws are outlined to have excellent equilibrium's that make them outstanding. If you have lots of trees and branches in your garden or lawn, gas-powered pole saws can be the best suit for you.
If you decide to buy a gas-powered pole saw, rather than an electric or cordless pole saw, you need to consider the power option of your chosen pole saw. You can choose 25cc to 43cc pole saws that have a longer lifespan of power.
2. Extension length
You also need to consider the length of extension when you will decide to buy a gas-powered pole saw. In this case, you need to consider two factors:
1) the tree heights.
2) your strength.
This is because you will have to hold your pole saw to reach the trees and branches. If you have longer trees and branches, you must buy a pole saw with the long extension. Otherwise, you cannot cut the longer trees and branches.
In every sense, Gas-powered engines are the most powerful trimmer. At the same time, they are the noisiest. Meanwhile, in some cases, the noise can rise to prohibitively obnoxious. So keep the fact in mind and try to choose one with dampening noise. Noise is a prime source of fatigue and leads to an unfortunate accident.
You need to invest a bit bigger amount in buying a gas-powered pole saw. That is why it is essential for you to look into the matters of the warranty. The warranty will protect you when any parts of pole saw are broken and malfunctions.
The gas-powered pole saw reviews would not be completed without mentioning the renowned brands and manufacturers. Let’s see some brands that never compromise about quality.
4. Blue max pole saw
5. Poulan pro pole saw
6. Remington pole saw
When you want to buy a gas-powered pole saw, you can think of your budget before purchasing one. If your budget is less than $100, you can look for a cheaper one. If you think you can afford $100 to $250, you can see for the mid-level priced one. And if your budget is more $250, you can buy the highest quality one.
How to Use a Gas Pole Saw On a Ladder
Although the primary aim of using a pole saw itself is the elimination of the necessity of using a ladder, sometimes situations arise, and you need to deal with them. So let you get through such situations. Using a pole saw on a ladder can be a bit tricky, but if you know you how to do it, it is not that much hard to do.
- Place the saw on a vertical position and stop for a while there to balance yourself.
- Now Hold the tool and find a place in the ladder where you can hold the tool at chest level and move there.
- Make the first stroke slowly and try to be in control.
- The saw might slip sideways if the branch is sloppy. If the saw slips, rest for a while and gather energy. Then re position the saw the same as before and continue.
- Slowly increase your stroke speed if you see that the saw is securely in the groove.
safety tips and tricks
Before using your gas-powered pole saw, you must check whether it is safe and suitable for operating conditions. It is essential for you to clear the area between yourself and the tree you’ll be working.
You need to be careful about the danger of flying pieces of woods and limbs, and in using gear safely. When you plan for cutting and pruning trees or branches, you need to find out the safe mood so that the trees and branches will fall in the safe places.
Your primary work is to read the user manual correctly because everything is there.
Before using your gas-powered pole saw, you should investigate into your trees, branches, and limbs. Then, you need to find out the best way of cutting the branches and trees. Next, you must use protective equipments including hard hat, safety goggles, hand gloves, and sturdy footwear.
Maintain a good position
As gas-powered pole saws are comparably heavier, it is difficult to maintain a balanced stance. You need to keep your legs squared with your shoulder to maintain a balanced stance. It will also help you to prune your trees and branches easily.
Select a branch and cut it
You need to apply a perfect way of cutting your trees and branches. The best possible approach can be the ‘V’ position to start your cutting from the bottom of your trees and branches. Additionally, this way is the best fit if your trees are longer than 4-inch diameter.
Cut slowly and step by step
You should not cut lots of limbs or trees at a time. When you cut the branches, you can do a flush cut at the trunk. After cutting some trees and branches, you should clean the fallen lawn areas to reduce risks and to make the next cut easier. For more information, please check lawneq.com
How you can maintain your pole saw properly
Cautions While Trimming With a Gas-Powered Pole Saw
When you decide to cut down the tree and branches, you should use pole-saws blade first to complete your jobs successfully. When you want to start the blade, you must be careful about the position of trim.
You need to keep in mind the weight of pole saw when you are deciding to buy a gas-powered pole saw. You need also consider the gravity and physical demanding of your chosen pole saw. By reading the user manual of gas-powered pole saw, you can easily understand how to use.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) :
1. Does a gas-powered saw make any noises?
Answer: Though the best value gas pole saw can provide serious power, but that comes with the price noise. Compared to the other types, they are a bit of a nuisance in this regard.
But many of the models here have a moderate dB level compared to the other ones in the market.
2. Do they need any maintenance?
Answer: To make any tool last for long, you've got to take care of it. Needless to say, the best quality gas pole saw is no different.
So, change the spark plugs, oil the chains and bar, and clean the filters at regular intervals.
3. What is the Best Gas Pole Saw?
Answer: Any of the above poles saw, except the DocaPole (you know why) can get that coveted title.But if it's too hard to choose one for you, then go with Poulan. They are one of the most reliable brands for some reason.
4. How Fast Can a Gas Pole Saw Prune?
Answer: With the likes of SALEM MASTER that move at 6500RPM speed, you can prune in minutes literally.
5. Who makes the longest gas pole saw?
Answer: From the list, it's without any doubt, DocaPole who got the longest pole saw of the lot.
6. Why Do You Need a Gas Pole Saw?
Answer: When you've got to deal with bigger and thicker branches, a gas pole saw is what you need. Due to the raw power they produce, you can rely on them more for such work. Plus, pruning, trimming is fun with them.
Every garden looks better when it's taken care of, but that work isn't for everyone. Not everyone has the time or the patience.
That's why you've got the best gas pole saw trimmer.
Thanks to their ease of use and time-saving benefits, even those who once didn't find the work worthwhile finding landscaping fun.
So, if you've gotten a taste of the tool and are looking for a new one to get, trust me, try any of the above machines. Won't be disappointed.
Last update on 2020-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API