Best Gas Pole Saw Reviews 2023 – Top 9 models Reviewed & Compared
If you are looking for a pole saw, a “Gas-Powered Pole Saw” can be the best choice. This is because gas-powered pole saws are comparably lightweight and provide impressive power and longer blades. Most importantly, in term of power, gas pole saws are the most suitable tools for professional trimmers and pruners.
However, before buying a pole saw, you need to decide for what purpose you are going to buy it. Pole saws are mainly classified as Cordless Pole Saw, Gas Pole Saw, and Electric Pole Saw. If there are lots of trees in your lawn and yard or surrounding of your home, a gas pole saw can be the right choice. Gas pole saws also work the best for professional trimmers and pruners.
Comparison Table-Best Gas Pole SawTable could not be displayed.
In this article, first, we are going to review eight best gas pole saws and give you details information including their pros and cons. So that, you can gain sufficient knowledge and ideas about different brands of gas pole saws and their weights, prices, maximum reaches, customer reviews, and cutting capacities.
Then, we are going to provide you buying guideline so that you can take the right decision to buy a gas pole saw. In the last part of this article, we will guide you how to use and maintain a gas pole saw.
Overview of Gas-Powered Pole Saw
Gas-powered saws deliver better performance than other kind of pole saws. Usually, gas-powered pole saws are made up with heavy-duty bars and chains. Gas-powered pole saws come in a variety of sizes. And most of the cases they have two-cycle engines. A typical gas-powered pole saw runs on a mixture of oil and gas at the ratio of 40:1 or 50:1. Thus, this type of pole saws needs proper maintenance.
Advantage and disadvantages of a gas saw
Before deciding to buy a gas-powered pole saw, it’s better to have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of it.
- Ideal for everyday use
- Portable, as don’t have any restriction on the power supply
- Ensure powerful cutting
- Quite expensive
- Need proper maintenance
- A bit heavier than other kind of pole saws
Our 9 Best Gas Powered Pole Saw Reviews
1. Maxtra Gas Extendable Cordless Chainsaw-Best Overall Gas Saw
This gas-powered chainsaw gives more versatile than many electric-powered pole saws. This cordless saw is perfect to cut wood, branches, or to log and prune. Maxtra cordless gas pole saw supports a user to cut big tree branches, logging, carved wood, pruning orchard or garden.
This gas powered pole saw can reach up to11.4 feet with having a 10-inch range of cutting. Thus, you can trim up to 13-16.5 feet tree branches without a ladder. Besides, the Air filter included in this pole saw protects the engine. 2-position-choke for cold or hot begins centrifugal clutch for safety and starting.
Throttle lock-out on rear handle stop accident and gives a silky function, and muffler shield reduces contacting hot muffler. The product has one Year Warranty.
- Adjustable Extra Length
- Cycle Powerful Engine
- Humanization Design
- 1 Year Warranty
In conclusion, this extra powered tool is awesome due to its several features and benefits. In a word, this Maxtra Gas 42.7 CC is one of the best gas chainsaws.
- It is appropriate for cutting big trees.
- Reasonable price.
- It is an Automatic oilier.
- It is 13-16 feet reachable.
- It is a little bit weighty.
- Not suitable for small trees.
2. DocaPole 6-24 Foot Pole Pruning Saw // Extension Pole + GoSaw Attachment
Are you facing problems removing excessive leaves from your backyard trees? This Docapole 6-24 will be the best choice pruning the backyard trees.
What do we like most :
You can use this pole saw as two types of tool. When the saw is extended, it will work as a pole saw. And in case of cleaning the inferior branches and shrubs, you can use this as a handheld tool.
Product Overview :
When you are planning to cut branches which are placed more than 20 feet, this pole saw will allow you to do the job efficiently. 24-feet is the length of this pole saw, which is a pretty amazing length. Are you thinking, how can you store this long pole saw precisely? Yes, thinking about your question, the manufacturer introduced the collapse feature to this pole saw. Thus, you can easily store this pole saw at any corner at your home.
This tool is highly suitable for homeowners who are looking to cut down the trees without providing too much strain.
All in all, this pole saw is lightweight, easy to operate and comes at an affordable price.
Only one note you need to keep in mind when you are using it to its full length, the pole saw becomes a bit tougher.
- One of the most extended poles in the market, 24 feet length.
- Storing and transportation both are easy.
- Can perform with different attachments.
- Aluminum-based construction.
- Handling becomes challenging when it works at its full length.
3. Poulan Pro PP258TP 25cc Pole Pruner-Best Portable Gas Saw
This Trimmer plus TPP720 8-Inch pole saw has appropriate bar and chain system for cleaning as well as pruning the hedges or trees which are very hard to reach. The dimension of this pole saw is 35.8 x 4.4 x 5.9 inches. The weight of this product is 6.92 pounds.
This pole saw can reach up to 12 feet. The manufacturer gives 2 years warranty. It has 2 stroke 25cc engines and offers quick starting with plenty of maintenance power. This Trimmer Plus pole saw can be applied to shape branches on the trees.
Additionally, 8-inch bar and chain have automatic oiler system to maintain cutting performance properly.
- Weight is only 6.92 pounds
- 8-inch saw bar can cuts branches up to 6 Inch in diameter
- 12-foot total reach
- 2-stroke 25cc engine
- Surefire starting along with Spring Assist
- Pro-Link Attachment Capable
- Can reach up to 12 feet
- Has an automatic oiler system.
- Very durable and reliable.
- It has a very soft grip and light weight
- This tool is handy for shaping
- It has immense vibration system at the starting.
- It has not an available size.
4. Trimmer Plus TPP720 Pole Saw – Editor’s Choice
This pole saw can reach up to 12 feet that makes it perfect for trimming high branches. It can do proper string trimmers without tools as well as the extended boom. That’s why it is considered as one of the best pole saw.
It has 8-inch bar and chain with auto oiler saws. Thus, it is perfect for cleaning as well as pruning the hedges or trees which are very hard to reach. The dimension of this pole saw is 35.8 x 4.4 x 5.9 inches. The weight and shipping weight of this product is 6.92 pounds. The manufacturer gives two years warranty for this pole saw.
- Attachment-capable trimmers
- Up to 11 ft reach
- 7-feet pole
- Two extension sections come with two height options
- 8-inch bar and chain with auto oiler saws
In a word, it’s a great attachment that will make your pruning easier. So, you can buy one to clean your lawn or to shape the branches of your trees.
- It has an automatic oiler system
- Trimmer plus gas pole saw can reach up to 12 feet.
- It is very durable and reliable.
- It has a very soft grip.
- It has immense vibration system at the starting.
- It has not an available size.
5. Remington Maverick RM2599 Gas Pole Saw – Best Seller Pole Saw
This gas pole saw has 25cc 2-cycle engine with plenty of power to conquer tough tasks. You can cut limbs and branches by this tool without ladder.
This gas-powered pole saw has detachable chain head that can be easily replaced with several types of material. Thus, it is comparably considered as perfect pole saw to tackle with complicated and lengthy jobs.
Additionally, it has a robust braided wire cable drive for dependable performance. It is fully extended with 12 feet length blade. It has also an auto oilier feature that keeps the saw lubricated. The weight of this gas-powered pole saw is 17.5 pounds. This pole saw include edge, trimmer, hedge trimmer, blower, cultivator and clean sweep.
- Powerful 25cc 2-cycle engine
- 8-inch bar and chain (Low-kickback)
- Work with different lengths and attachments
- Quick-start technology with 2 cycle oil
- 2-year limited warranty
- Allows users to reach up to 12 feet
In a word, if you are not a crazy fan of other types of pole saw and would love to try new things, you can buy this amazing tool for pruning and trimming hard-to-reach branches.
- It has 12 feet length blade.
- Chain head can easily replace with several pieces of equipment.
- Perfect pole saws to tackle strenuous and long jobs.
- Versatile pole saw
- Its weight is 17 pounds
6. BLUE MAX 53542 32.6 cc Gasoline Pole Saw- Best Commercial Gas Pole Saw
Blue Max saw 53542 is a high performing versatile pole saw with efficiency and functionality. It has automatic and safety holding system to make the cutting reliable and secured. This product includes anti-vibration system that gives the great comfort with small energy.
It has a fuel primer that reduces air from the carburetor. This product includes “Gas Wielding Accessory”. The dimension of this product is 43 x 12 x 13 inches. The weight of this pole saw is 21.9 pounds. The Idle Speed is 2,700 – 3,400 RPM and Engagement Speed is 4,500 RPM.
- 3/8″ Pitch
- 10″ Bar & Chain
- The Anti-vibration system
- Less fatigue
In a nutshell, this Blue Max Gasoline is carefully balanced for more effective operation. The fuel primer removes air from the carburetor for easy starting. Thus, you are highly recommended to buy one.
- This pole saw has an automatic brake.
- This pole saw reduces the fatigue.
- It reduces air from carburetor
- It is a little bit heavier
- Its weight is 21.9 pounds
7. Gas Powered Pole Saw, 25.4 CC-Top Quality Gas Pole Saw
Echo is another leading Japanese brand in trimmer and pruner for all good reason. Thus, it may cost more than many other brands but will give you the unforgettable experience. This Japan origin saw has fuel capacity of 16.4 oz. The overall length is 146″, its Closed Length is 107″. The engine Displacement power is 25.4cc.
Additionally, it has a great Oil capacity system, automatic chain oilier, telescoping pruner with the Rubber Padding and heavy-duty Gear Case.Due to its portable unit engineering it can be used in all kinds of situations. The handle type of this pole saw is Loop.
- Wrench Starter
- Heavy-duty Gear Case
- Recoil Fuel
- Front And Rear Handles
- Shaft Assembly
Undoubtedly, this saw is one of the best pole trimmers in the current market. Thus, it is highly recommended to you for buying one.
- It has an anti-vibration system and better hardness.
- It has an auto bar and chain oilier system.
- This pole saw has a large fuel tank.
- The price of this pole saw is very high.
- This pole saw is slightly smaller than other gas powered pole saw.
8. Poulan 28cc Gas Powered Trimmer- Best Gas Saw for a Beginner
The name of manufacturer of this product is the Husqvarna. If your tree branches are less than 6 inches, this pole saw can be the best suite. This pole saw includes 8-inch saw. The bar can be extended up to 12 feet along with 3 feet porch use. This pole saw includes two strokes and a 25cc engine that provides enormous power to deal with trees and branches.
The manufacturer of this product offers two years warranty. The product dimensions are 96 x 11.5 x 11 inches. The weight of this product is 20 pounds.
- Surefire Fuel Delivery System
- Auto return stop switch
- Effortless Pull Starting
- Air Purge
In short, it is one of the promising trimmers without the hassle of chain. So, you can certainly keep it in your buying list.
What we like:
- Lower prices.
- Two strokes and 25 cc engine.
- Colossal power.
- Quite tricky to start the engine.
What we don’t like:
- A Little bit heavier.
- Not possible to cut the thick tree limbs.
9. Husqvarna 440 18 Inch 40.9cc 2.4HP 2 Cycle Gas Chainsaw-Best Heavy Duty Pole Saw
Husqvarna maintains the world´s most stringent environmental regulations. The principal advantage of this product is you can efficiently use to cut limbs and branches without a ladder. It includes the 40.9 cc-2-cycle engine starts quickly with less effort.
It has air injection Centrifugal cleaning system that carries away larger dust as well as debris particles. As a result, it improves engine life and reduced air filter cleanings. X Torq of this product offers lower fuel consumption.
At the same time, it minimizes exhaust emission levels. The ergonomic rear handle gives comfort with soft inlay, asymmetrical handle, and ergonomic trigger. The Husqvarna 400e also includes a transparent fuel indicator, LowVib Anti Vibration System, and snap lock cylinder cover.
- Quick release air filter
- Lower fuel consumption
- Ergonomic rear handle
- Auto return stop switch
In a word, This Certified Refurbished gas saw is efficient all types of trimmers. Mainly, it is perfect for those who are looking for a trimmer that is exceptionally simple to maneuver.
- Starts quickly
- Transparent fuel indicator
- Minimize fatigue
- A bit expensive
An In-Depth Guide for Choosing the Best Gas Pole Saw
Pole saws in common are pole chainsaws that are connected to the saw pole to let one reach to the limbs of the trees for pruning and trimming by standing on the yard. Pole saws are sometimes known as tree pruners or pruning saws. There are three main kinds of pole saw (gas, electric, and cordless),
In this article, we will concentrate on the best gas-powered pole saws. The advantage of gas-powered pole saws are they can be controlled easily and can cut thicker tree limbs.
However, gas-powered pole saws are heavier than electric pole saws where the weight differs from volume of the tanks and engines.
Why Will You Invest On Gas Pole Saws?
- A perfect gas-powered pole saw will keep you away from the theoretical and unsafe work of using a ladder or climbing trees for tree limb trimming tasks.
- A gas-powered pole saw includes several features including reliable extendable poles, ergonomic design, stable cutting power, and quality engine. All of these features will allow pruning or trimming trees securely from the ground.
- For primary work, the best gas pole saw can be power-headed.
- Although this power pole saw is smaller in size, this power-headed pole saw looks and works like as normal power pole saw.
- A gas-powered pole saw also has a gas tank, a pole, a choke, and a fuel pump. You can easily use a gas-powered pole saw for mounting and tension bar and chain. You can also sharp your gas pole saw easily.
What You Should Look For When Buying A Gas Operated Pole Saw
A gas pole saw can comparably be heavier than an electric pole saw. However, gas-powered pole saws are outlined to have excellent equilibrium’s that make them outstanding. If you have lots of trees and branches in your garden or lawn, gas-powered pole saws can be the best suit for you.
If you decide to buy a gas-powered pole saw, rather than an electric or cordless pole saw, you need to consider the power option of your chosen pole saw. You can choose 25cc to 43cc pole saws that have a longer lifespan of power.
2. Extension length
You also need to consider the length of extension when you will decide to buy a gas-powered pole saw. In this case, you need to consider two factors:
1) the tree heights.
2) your strength.
This is because you will have to hold your pole saw to reach the trees and branches. If you have longer trees and branches, you must buy a pole saw with the long extension. Otherwise, you cannot cut the longer trees and branches.
In every sense, Gas-powered engines are the most powerful trimmer. At the same time, they are the noisiest. Meanwhile, in some cases, the noise can rise to prohibitively obnoxious. So keep the fact in mind and try to choose one with dampening noise. Noise is a prime source of fatigue and leads to an unfortunate accident.
You need to invest a bit bigger amount in buying a gas-powered pole saw. That is why it is essential for you to look into the matters of the warranty. The warranty will protect you when any parts of pole saw are broken and malfunctions.
The gas-powered pole saw reviews would not be completed without mentioning the renowned brands and manufacturers. Let’s see some brands that never compromise about quality.
4. Blue max pole saw
5. Poulan pro pole saw
6. Remington pole saw
When you want to buy a gas-powered pole saw, you can think of your budget before purchasing one. If your budget is less than $100, you can look for a cheaper one. If you think you can afford $100 to $250, you can see for the mid-level priced one. And if your budget is more $250, you can buy the highest quality one.
How to Use a Gas Pole Saw On a Ladder
Although the primary aim of using a pole saw itself is the elimination of the necessity of using a ladder, sometimes situations arise, and you need to deal with them. So let you get through such situations. Using a pole saw on a ladder can be a bit tricky, but if you know you how to do it, it is not that much hard to do.
- Place the saw on a vertical position and stop for a while there to balance yourself.
- Now Hold the tool and find a place in the ladder where you can hold the tool at chest level and move there.
- Make the first stroke slowly and try to be in control.
- The saw might slip sideways if the branch is sloppy. If the saw slips, rest for a while and gather energy. Then re position the saw the same as before and continue.
- Slowly increase your stroke speed if you see that the saw is securely in the groove.
safety tips and tricks
Before using your gas-powered pole saw, you must check whether it is safe and suitable for operating conditions. It is essential for you to clear the area between yourself and the tree you’ll be working.
You need to be careful about the danger of flying pieces of woods and limbs, and in using gear safely. When you plan for cutting and pruning trees or branches, you need to find out the safe mood so that the trees and branches will fall in the safe places.
Your primary work is to read the user manual correctly because everything is there.
Before using your gas-powered pole saw, you should investigate into your trees, branches, and limbs. Then, you need to find out the best way of cutting the branches and trees. Next, you must use protective equipments including hard hat, safety goggles, hand gloves, and sturdy footwear.
Maintain a good position
As gas-powered pole saws are comparably heavier, it is difficult to maintain a balanced stance. You need to keep your legs squared with your shoulder to maintain a balanced stance. It will also help you to prune your trees and branches easily.
Select a branch and cut it
You need to apply a perfect way of cutting your trees and branches. The best possible approach can be the ‘V’ position to start your cutting from the bottom of your trees and branches. Additionally, this way is the best fit if your trees are longer than 4-inch diameter.
Cut slowly and step by step
You should not cut lots of limbs or trees at a time. When you cut the branches, you can do a flush cut at the trunk. After cutting some trees and branches, you should clean the fallen lawn areas to reduce risks and to make the next cut easier. For more information, please check lawneq.com
How you can maintain your pole saw properly
- Always try to maintain gas and oil ratio is 50:1. You should use non-alcoholic gas and quality oil.
- Before every use, always wash the air filter, and replace it as required
- You need to wipe out the wet rag and pole saw after using it. Then, you can put in a bag or case.
- The meal burrs should be filed off at the edge of your pole saw
- Before starting to cut/prune your trees/branches, always check the fuel leaks. You should check fuel tank, engine, and fuel linens before starting to cut.
- You need to tension your gas pole saw before using it. After completing your tasks/pruning, it is needed to loosen the tension of your pole saw afterward. You need to contact the chain of your gas pole saw as a single cooler after every usage.
- You should be careful that if you do not lose the tension your pole saw after using, the pole saw can be damaged.
Cautions While Trimming With a Gas-Powered Pole Saw
When you decide to cut down the tree and branches, you should use pole-saws blade first to complete your jobs successfully. When you want to start the blade, you must be careful about the position of trim.
You need to keep in mind the weight of pole saw when you are deciding to buy a gas-powered pole saw. You need also consider the gravity and physical demanding of your chosen pole saw. By reading the user manual of gas-powered pole saw, you can easily understand how to use.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) :
1. Does gas-powered pole saw make any noises?
Answer: Yes, unfortunately, gas-powered pole saw make more annoying noise than electric saw.
2. Do they need any maintenance?
Answer: Yes, they need a fair amount of maintenance for a long lifespan.
3. What about the price?
Answer: Well, gas-powered pole saws are a bit more expansive than other types of pole saws.
Well, time to wrap up the article. In this article, we have reviewed 8 best gas pole saw that are the best sellers and high customer-rated.
If you want to buy a gas-powered pole saw, you can review these 8 gas pole-powered pole saws and can select one that you think will be the best suit for your works. And if you want our suggestion, we will recommend Trimmer plus TPP720 Pole Saw. This saw is not only top performer but also comes at a reasonable price.
From our buying guide, you can gain more ideas and knowledge about prices, brands, maximum reaches, cutting capacities, weights, and customer reviews/rates of different gas pole saws. From our maintenance tips, you can gain knowledge on how to maintain a gas-powered pole saw. From our user guidelines, you can understand how to use a gas-powered pole saw.
Have a nice time!!
Last update on 2023-11-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API